In 1878 a group of Christians were meeting in a barn that was situated in Warren Lane. Attendance grew to such an extent that there was a need for a permanent building. This was built in Chapel Road in 1886.
In 1955 the denomination to which we belong became known as the Union of Evangelical Churches (U.E.C.). We are also associated with the Fellowship of Independent Evangelical Churches (F.I.E.C.)
- The church premises were completely rebuilt in 1991, and offer comprehensive facilities for the requirements of church members and the community it serves.
- We are a church relevant for today’s living, whose aim is to reach all age groups with the good news of Jesus.
- In these times in which we live, it is essential to have a meaningful relationship with God through Faith in His Son Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We practice Believer’s Baptism and hold the Sacrament of Communion on a regular basis.
- We are led by a Pastoral Group who are responsible for the spiritual needs and a Committee who preside over the church building and administration.
- Major decisions are made by all church members.